Green Bay Packers Primary Logo
The team used a number of different logos prior to 1961, but the "G" is the only logo that has ever appeared on the helmet. The Packers hold the trademark on the "G" logo, and have granted limited permission to other organizations to utilize a similar logo, such as the University of Georgia and Grambling State University.
1980 - Present
The redesigned logo consists of white football shaped “G” on a green oval with a yellow border.
1961 - 1979
The oval “G” logo was added in 1961 when Lombardi asked Packers equipment manager Gerald “Dad” Braisher to design a logo. Braisher tasked his assistant, St. Norbert College art student John Gordon. Satisfied with a white on green football-shaped letter “G”, the pair presented it to Lombardi, who then approved the addition.
1956 - 1961
In 1956, the logo featured a quarterback wearing No. 41 behind a yellow football with a backdrop of the state of Wisconsin in green. The state also marked both Green Bay and Milwaukee on the state. The No. 41 was worn two decades earlier, both by Arnie Herber and Clarke Hinkle.
1951 - 1955
After Curly Lambeau’s exit in 1949, the “New Packers” introduced their first official logo, featuring a green wordmark with a yellow border “Packers” and a orange with yellow outline football in between two orange goal posts.
Green Bay Acme Packers Primary logo from 1921 NFL season.