The Cougars had two logo over their 4 years, the letter "D" in the old english style lettering. Adding a shield was an upgrade for the logo.
1927 - 1930
The final logo for the Detroit Cougars consists of the carrier over letter Old English white “D” now on a red shield. The letter “D” stands for the city of Detroit.
At first, the Detroit NHL team was named the Cougars after they purchased the players of the folded Victoria Cougars team. The logo consists of an Old English red “D.” The letter “D” stands for the city of Detroit.