Brooklyn Superbas Primary Logo
“Superba” was the title of a 1890s entertainment spectacle brought forth by the Hanlon family. When Ned Hanlon (no relation) managed the Brooklyn club in 1899, his team was called “Hanlon’s Superbas.” Hanlon was let go as a manager in 1905. The Brooklyn team would continue to be called the Superbas until 1910. The there logo was the classic letter "B" in different colors, however, the last logo brought some creativeness by adding a diamond in sticks.
The Superbas darkened the blue and put a baseball field around the letter “B” that is similar to the font Bruce Double Pica. The letter “B” is smaller.
In 1909, the Superbas made the blue a bit lighter and switched the “B” to a font that is similar to Bruce Double Pica.
1902 - 1908
In 1902, Brooklyn changed the olde english letter “B” in blue.
1899 - 1901
This was the Superbas’ first logo. It is an old english letter “B” in red.