Chelsea FC Primary Logo
Chelsea Football Club is one of the most successful and popular football clubs in England. Their primary logo has been around since 1905 when the club was founded as a recreational team for workers at Stamford Bridge Stadium. Throughout its history, Chelsea FC’s primary logo has gone through several iterations to reflect its evolution from an amateur side to one of Europe’s top teams.
The first iteration of the Chelsea FC crest featured two blue lions rampant on either side of a white shield with three red roses inside it and “CFC” written above it in bold letters. This design remained unchanged until 1952 when new owners decided to revamp the look by adding more color and detail to it; this included a circular border around the shield with “The Pensioners" inscribed within along with four smaller shields featuring images that represented each corner point: England (St George's Cross), Scotland (Thistle), Ireland (Shamrock) & Wales(Leek). The current version includes all these elements but also features five stars above CFC signifying their five league titles won between the 1955-2005 seasons; making them only the sixth English team ever to achieve such a feat!
Since then, there have been minor changes made over time like changing font size or typeface but the overall core design remains the same even today which speaks volumes about how much fans cherish traditional values associated with brand identity despite modern advancements in technology & marketing strategies adopted by other clubs nowadays! It goes without saying that Chelsea FC Primary Logo will continue being an iconic symbol not just amongst Blues supporters worldwide but also within the wider football community across the globe for many years to come - no matter what era we find ourselves living in!
Chelsea FC Products
Thank you for visiting Sports Logo History. If you intend to use any of our logos for news, blogs, flyers, posters, or social media graphics, we kindly ask that you credit SportsLogoHistory.com.
Sports Logo History thanks you for visiting our logo site. If you are using any of our logos for news, blogs, flyers, posters, or social media graphics, please give credit to SportsLogoHistory.com.
2006 - Present
With the new ownership of Roman Abramovich, and the club’s centenary approaching, combined with demands from fans for the popular 1950s badge to be restored, it was decided that the crest should be changed again in 2005. The new crest was officially adopted for the start of the 2005 – 2006 season and marked a return to the older design, used from 1953 to 1986, featuring a blue heraldic lion holding a staff surrounded by a blue ring with two red with white trim footballs and rose. The blue ring also includes arched wordmark “CHELSEA” at the top and “FOOTBALL CLUB” at the bottom in white with yellow trim.
2005 - 2006
A new coat of arms in honor of the club’s 100 years anniversary was created in 2004. Features a blue heraldic lion holding a staff surrounded by a blue ring with two red with white trim footballs and rose. The blue ring also includes arched wordmark “CHELSEA” at the top and “FOOTBALL CLUB” at the bottom in white with yellow trim.
2003 - 2005
In 2003, the circle background has come back. The Chelsea lion is in white hanging over the initials “CFC” in white with a light blue circle background.
1999 - 2003
For the 1999 logo, Chelsea removed the circle and made some color changes. The lion is now blue and white hanging over the initials “CFC” in blue.
1997 - 1999
Chelsea’s next change in their primary logo is moving to a navy blue circle background with a now yellow lion hanging over the initials “CFC” in white.
1995 - 1997
The 1995 version of Chelsea’s primary logo has a lighter color blue. The Chelsea lion is now light blue and yellow again hanging over the initials “CFC” in light blue.
1986 - 1995
In 1985, Chelsea made a dramatic change in their primary logo. Moving to a navy blue circle background with a red lion hanging over the initials “CFC” in white.
1953 - 1986
In 1953, the club crest was changed to an upright blue lion looking backward and holding a staff. It was based on elements in the coat of arms of the Metropolitan Borough of Chelsea with the “lion rampant regardant” taken from the arms of then club president Viscount Chelsea and the staff from the Abbots of Westminster, former Lords of the Manor of Chelsea. It also featured three red roses, to represent England and two footballs.
1952 - 1953
The two-year primary logo for Chelsea primarily consisted of the interlocked initials “CFC” is an olde english font in white on a blue with a white trim shield.
1905 - 1952
Chelsea was based in 1905. The first emblem of the club was a collective image of the British army veterans with medals on their chests. In fact, it was the logo of the Royal Hospital of Chelsea. It was not put on the form but appeared on the first match programs. So the club was nicknamed “The Pensioners.”
1905 - 1952
The first, adopted when the club was founded, was the image of a Chelsea pensioner, the army veterans who reside at the nearby Royal Hospital Chelsea. This contributed to the club’s original “pensioner” nickname and remained for the next half-century. The original logo is in blue and white with a blue with a white trim circle with a pensioner breaking out of the circle.