Fulham FC's first official crest was used in 1898, several years after the team shortened its team name from Fulham St. Andrew's to Fulham Football Club. Many changes of the crest have been used over the last 141 years, with the present logo being introduced in 2001. The introduction of this design began a new era for the team, following promotion to the Premier League. The change resulted in a contemporary design to bring the team into what was a new age in football.
2001 - Present
In 2001 following Fulham’s promotion to the Premiership, the current Club’s crest has a solid looking shield in black and white with initials of “FFC” horizontally positioned and connected in red with black trim.
1995 - 2001
Again taking inspiration from the Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham’s coat of arms. This crest has a castle turret with a red rose flag on top of a knight’s helmet in red and blue. In the center is a newly design shield with two white crisscrossed swords on a red background on now a strip blue and white background. Below is a wordmark “FULHAM F.C.” in red on a white banner.
1982 - 1995
Fulham’s badge in 1982, has an arched wordmark “FULHAM FOOTBALL CLUB” in blue around a black and white ship above two white swords on a red background with several blue waves on a white with a blue trim circle.
1977 - 1982
New design for the Fulham crest in 1977, a new design shield with blue waves and two crisscrossed swords on a red background with black trim. Above the shield is a black with a red rose ship and below the shield is a banner with the wordmark “FULHAM F.C.” in yellow on a red background.
1972 - 1977
Interlocking letters “FFC” in black, representing Fulham Football Club.
1951 - 1972
The Fulham crest is updated again in 1951, with the “Fulham FC” scroll removed leaving the shield of the Coat of Arms.
1947 - 1951
The Fulham badge is now updated in 1947 with the same design but changed the background in the shield and banner to white.
1945 - 1947
The Club crest changed to incorporates the Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham’s Coat of Arms. The background of the shield is red with a red banner below with the wordmark “FULHAM F-C” also in red with black lettering.
1931 - 1945
For the first time since the inception of Fulham FC, the Club crest has changed. In 1931, crest incorporated Craven Cottage on the newly designed shield. Also added is a wordmark “FULHAM” in black on top and “FC” below the cottage.
1898 - 1931
The first crest of Fulham Football Club began with a black with a red trim shield. The shield has the initials “FFC” in red positioned between two criss crossed swords.