The first time the team used a logo on the kits was in the late 1940s. Before that, clubs weren’t officially required to have a logo. The original Crystal Palace FC logo depicted a shield divided into two fields by a black stripe. The colors of the fields – claret and blue – were borrowed from the team’s uniforms. On the background, there was the Crystal Palace.
Sports Logo History thanks you for visiting our logo site. If you are using any of our logos for news, blogs, flyers, posters, or social media graphics, please give credit to SportsLogoHistory.com.
2013 - Present
In advance of the 2013 playing season, the Crystal Palace created a new logo, which actually looks more like the 1973 badge than the 1993 logo. The now aggressive phoenix in blue and white clutching a football towering above the crystal palace in silver. A blue with a red trim banner with the wordmark “CRYSTAL PALACE F.C.” in white.
1994 - 2013
While the following badge preserved the structure of its forerunner, the eagle now had a more aggressive, eagle-like look, as the club’s chairman Ron Noades supposed that the bird from the old logo could have been easily mistaken for a phoenix.
1973 - 1994
Malcom Allison arrived as manager in 1973 and totally rebranded the club. He changed the shirt colors to red and blue stripes, with the Eagles nickname, and a ‘phoenix’ looking eagle to represent the rising from the Crystal Palace ashes was displayed with the palace in a new club badge.
1972 - 1973
This simple design without the Crystal Palace was chosen by the club after they held a competition amongst fans for the 1972 season. Encircled wordmark “THE GLAZIERS CRYSTAL PALACE F.C.” in white on a red background. Centered is the initials “CP” in blue.
1967 - 1972
Diagonal wordmark scripted “Crystal Palace” in yellow on a red background.
1964 - 1967
Blue and red half shape designs with a gap.
1960 - 1964
A more elaborate version of the famous glass building was adopted in 1955 by the Glaziers. A flowing white with gold trim banner in front with a wordmark “CRYSTAL PALACE F.C.” in black.
1955 - 1960
Although the club was founded in 1905, no official club crest was used until the late 1940s when an image of the Crystal Palace with a claret and blue shield was produced.