Burnley FC Primary Logo 1886 – 1895

Bret Miller Leave a Comment

Burnley FC Primary Logo 1886 - 1895

The Clarets’ first recorded usage of a crest was on 17 December 1887, when the club wore the Royal Arms on the shirt. The Prince of Wales, Prince Albert Victor, had visited Turf Moor in October 1886 when Burnley were playing Bolton Wanderers — the first visit to a professional football ground by a member of the Royal Family. Afterwards, the team received a set of white jerseys, featuring a blue sash and embellished with the Royal Arms, to commemorate the visit. The team would regularly wear the royal crest until 1895, when it disappeared from the shirts.