The latest major change to Burnley's crest came in 2009. To mark Burnley's first ever season in the Premier League era, and to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the 1959 - 1960 First Division title win, Burnley decided to return to the crest used from 1960 to 1969. The following season, the town's Latin motto "Pretiumque et Causa Laboris" (English translation: "The prize and the cause of [our] labour") was replaced with the inscription "Burnley Football Club".
2015 - Present
In 2015, Burnley FC made some refinement and slight changes to the previous mark. A 3-D look has been placed on the new border of the mark. Same banner and wordmark with the same shield design.
2010 - 2015
In 2010, a new design was created. Draped along the bottom of the badge is a ribbon featuring the club’s wordmark “BURNLEY FOOTBALL CLUB” and above that stands a lion, in reference to the fact that Burnley’s Turf Moor was the first football stadium to be visited by English royalty; Queen Victoria’s grandson Prince Albert Victor popped by in 1886.
Officials claim that the wavy line represents the river Brun but it looks more like a ziggurat to us (built by ancient aliens no doubt). The bees supposedly reflect the town’s busy industrial history. Busy trying to access arcane knowledge, more like. The hand references the town’s cryptic motto: hold to the truth.
The stork represents historically prominent family the Starkies. The feathers in the mouth represent the Lacy knot, the badge of another prominent lot, the DeLacy family.
In 2010, Burnley FC has a new emblem that was created for the 2009 – 2010 playing season, to mark the team’s 125th anniversary. A replica of the Burnley coat of arms and a past emblem from 1979, now making the emblem in gold and red. They have added the “125” and a new banner wordmark of “BURNLEY FC 1882 – 2007” in white.
1987 - 2010
The 1987 mark for Burnley FC is the resurrected coat of arms emblem with some changes. Added to the mark is two gold stars above the coat of arms as the emblem stayed the same.
1983 - 1987
Simple scripted initials of “B.F.C.” in maroon.
1979 - 1983
In 1979, a redesign of the coat of arms for Burnley FC by keeping some key features from the actual coat of arms. This new look still has the roses, the hand, the knights head, the bee, and the two lions. Below is a blue with black trim banner and a wordmark “BURNLEY FOOTBALL CLUB” in white.
1969 - 1979
Co-mark from 1969, with the interlocked initials “BFC” in a circle all in orange.
1969 - 1979
In 1969, Burnley’s mark is simply blue initials “BFC” in a diagonal pattern with a custom font in blue.
1886 - 1895
The Clarets’ first recorded usage of a crest was on 17 December 1887, when the club wore the Royal Arms on the shirt. The Prince of Wales, Prince Albert Victor, had visited Turf Moor in October 1886 when Burnley was playing Bolton Wanderers — the first visit to a professional football ground by a member of the Royal Family. Afterward, the team received a set of white jerseys, featuring a blue sash and embellished with the Royal Arms, to commemorate the visit. The team would regularly wear the royal crest until 1895 when it disappeared from the shirts.