In 2017 the new design for Brentford FC is “simpler, bolder and more recognizable” than the previous crest while remaining true to The Bees’ heritage, says Article co-founder, Joe Ryrie.
The studio was briefed by the club to design a crest that would work effectively across a range of digital and physical applications – including app icons and the entrance of the new stadium – in full color, single-color, and a standalone graphic element.
Sports Logo History thanks you for visiting our site. If you are using any of our logos for news, blogs, flyers, posters or social media graphics, please give credit to SportsLogoHisotry.com.
2017 - Present
A black, yellow, and white bumble bee centered on a white circle background, with a red border with white and black trim. Wordmark “BRENTFORD” and “FOOTBALL CLUB” encircled in white with the split year of 1889 in white.
1994 - 2017
A shield with four quadrants. One quadrant is red and white stripes, next to a red beehive with two yellow and black bees. Also, three swords in gold and white with a gold crown above and a wordmark “Football Club” in white on a black background. A banner across the top with the wordmark “BRENTFORD” in white.
Design by Bees supporter Andrew Henning.
1975 - 1994
A new shield with a castle fortress at the top below is a wordmark “Brentford FC” in black. The red and white stripes are centered with a football at the bottom.
A celebration of ‘the fortress’ Griffin Park, when, in the 1929 – 1930 season the club went on a record-breaking run of 21 home wins.
1972 - 1975
In the center of this crest is red and white stripes with a bumblebee below surrounded by the wordmark “BRENTFORD F.C.” and “FOUNDED 1888” in black.
1965 - 1972
A white with gold and black trim, on the shield, is a wordmark on top and bottom “BRENDORD” and “FOOTBALL CLUB” in red. In the center of the shield are four quadrants with two being red and white stripes, three swords in gold on a red background, and a beehive with 5 stars above in red.
1909 - 1965
A red shield with three swords with a crown on top.
The Middlesex coat of arms.
1893 - 1909
A white with a gold trim shield with initials “BFC” and an up and down diagonal thick line.
The first Brentford crest, introduced shortly after the Club was formed as an offshoot of Brentford Rowing Club