New York Rangers Primary Logo 1927 – 1935

Bret Miller

New York Rangers Primary Logo 1927 - 1935

The Rangers initially owned by George Lewis “Tex” Rickard, boxing promoter and president of Madison Square Garden, had their logo designed in part to differentiate from the rival New York Americans, who’d began playing at the famous arena one year sooner. Whereas the Americans’ logo spelled our their name horizontally, Rickard’s Rangers would begin their existence by spelling out their team name diagonally. A wordmark “NEW YORK RANGERS” in white on a light blue banner background.