Baltimore Bullets Primary Logo
Baltimore Bullets Primary Logo History
In 1946, the Baltimore franchise was nicknamed Bullets after a nearby ammunition foundry. Though the team disbanded, the Chicago Packers -- who later became the Chicago Zephyrs -- relocated to Baltimore, and in 1963, the Bullets nickname returned. The original logo was simple but effective, with a basketball in the background and a bullet shooting by. In 1970 the hands logo was created that lasted through three name changes - Baltimore, Capital and finally Washington.
Baltimore Bullets Primary Logo 1970 – 1973
1970 - 1973
The original Bullets’ logo that morphed and changed over the years from 1970 to 1997. “Bullets” wordmark in blue with the letters “L” forming two hands grabbing for a red basketball. A wordmark ‘BALTIMORE” in blue on the top and to the right of the main wordmark.
Baltimore Bullets Primary Logo 1964 – 1969
1964 - 1969
Wordmark “Bullets” in red on a white with blue outline basketball. A blue bullet flying just below the main wordmark followed by a red streak starting at the letter “B.” A wordmark “BALTIMORE” on top in blue.